Navigation: Products > Add Product. Add products manually or by csv file upload. When adding products manually, you can duplicate an existing product to make entering similar products very easy. Note when adding products there are Custom Fields accessible by checking box (lower left), and you can add product variants (upper right).
Recommend when first entering products that you also enter the initial quantity of that product in the specific location. You can only add quantity to products when first adding a product. Once a product exists in the system, you add product through the Purchase function.
Before adding products, it is helpful if you first some key information. Only Owner or Admin user can set up these values. These are required before entering products:
- Location (Receiving, Stock Location A, Showroom, Repair and Maintenance, etc.)
- Product Unit, Sale Unit, Purchase Unit
These are not required before entering products, but highly recommended:
Navigation: Products > Quantity Adjustments > Actions > Add Adjustment by CSV. Quantity adjustments are added by location. You cannot add quantity adjustments for all locations from one file. When you prepare your product quantity adjustment file(s), you must prepare one upload file per location for all products needing quantity updates
- Before adding product, or products with variants quantities, you must first add products
- Navigate to Products > Quantity Adjustments. Select Actions > Add Adjustment by CSV option
- Format your upload file. You will need product codes. Variant column is optional
- The first row in downloaded csv file should remain as it is. Please do not change the order of columns
- The correct column order is (Product Code, Quantity, Variant )
- Please make sure the csv file is UTF-8 encoded and not saved with byte order mark (BOM)
- Please set the quantity in negative (-1) for subtraction and positive (1) for addition
Global Business Manager and AIM allow user to sell product variants (different colors, sizes, etc.) You can enter quantity and price per each variant and by location.
- Follow standard process to add product. Products > Add Product
- If the product price is the same for all variants, enter product price on product page
- Check box on top right " e.g. Multiple Sizes and/or Colors"
- Enter variants followed by a comma. Example: 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, or Red, Blue, Black, or Small, Medium, Large
- Once the variants are entered, select the plus (+) button beside the variants field to add variant prices and quantities
- Select a variant/location record, and enter quantity and price as appropriate
- Use the base price $ 0, and simply enter each variant price
- You can only add quantity when first entering a new product
- IMPORTANT- scroll down to the primary locations and add the total of variant quantities into each location. If you enter 25 red, 25 blue variants in Receiving location, enter 50 into the product-level Receiving location.
- Select Add Product
Note - confirm that the variant prices were successfully linked to the new product. After saving, view the product and confirm if variants were successfully added.
Navigation: Products > Import Products.
You can upload products that have variants using a csv file. However, you cannot add product quantity using the product upload csv option.
- For adding product quantity, add each product manually and provide the initial product quantity
- Otherwise, you need to add product quantity by Purchases, or Add Adjustment by CSV function
- Both of these options support csv uploads to add product quantity
- Here is a functioning csv upload file example. The variant column is optional
- Leave the first row in the upload spreadsheet for item headers and do not change the order of the columns
- Enter product variants into "Product Variants Separated by | " field using this format (using vertical bar separator): 2oz|4oz|8oz|
We support dynamic, back-and-forth quoting for our products and services. Anyone can request a quote, and the process is simple.
- When shopping from the Products page, select the item details that you are interested in receiving a quote. You will see an "Add to Quote" button below the "Add to Cart" button. Select Add to Quote.
- Continue shopping and adding items to Quote.
- View your Quote list from the main menu - select Members - Request A Quote (or Contact - Request A Quote)
- Edit the list if necessary, add quantity for products. Enter your name, email address, and message. Press "Send your Request" button to send your quote request.
- The Quote request will come immediately to eChain Sales associates, who can revise prices if possible. The quote from eChain will be emailed back to you at your email address. The subject line will display [Quote] with any revised prices and order total.
- The revised quote email has links to "Accept" or "Reject" the quote. You can provide a message on a reject for further consideration on your quote request.