Enterprise Connector Basic is our quick-start SaaS solution for leveraging the power of RFID for your Internet of Things projects. Connect RFID and IoT devices to your own eChain Enterprise Cloud database and access your streaming RFID tag data using Microsoft Access or other ODBC solution.
First 3 months free! Enterprise Connector Basic is our quick-start SaaS solution for leveraging the power of RFID (UHF) and IoT (BLE) for your Internet of Things projects. Connect RFID and IoT devices to your own eChain Enterprise Cloud database and access your streaming RFID tag data using Microsoft Access or other ODBC solution. Start developing your amazing RFID/IoT solution immediately! Enterprise Connector is sold as a Software as a Service (SaaS) with monthly payments following free trial period.
First 3 months free with purchase of eChain Connect and High-Power USB UHF RFID Desktop Reader or Impinj Speedway Connect and Impinj R420 RFID Reader. After 3 month trial, you will have the option to continue to use Enterprise Connector Basic at $250/month.
Bypass the most difficult part of IoT – writing the data into a database!
Enterprise Connector Basic gives you secure ODBC cloud database access to your RAW RFID and IoT data.
eChain RFID Enterprise Connector Product Lines
The eChain RFID Enterprise Connector is a universal application that receives, processes and routes RFID and IoT data and messages. Enterprise Connector is a high-performance managed RESTful API Server, MySQL DB and PHP cloud solution. Receives data from multiple RFID and IoT devices, extracts data, filters and routes the relevant transactions as needed. Sold as a stand-alone application or seamlessly integrated with eChain (AIM) Global Inventory Manager Application to provide inventory transaction automation based on item movements throughout facility or multiple locations. This is a utility solution that runs in the background to process your IoT messaging transactions.
- Enterprise Connector Basic – 3 months free, up to 1,000 tagged assets supported, ODBC access to raw IoT data table in your own database
- Enterprise Connector 2K – Up to 2,000 tagged assets, relational table structure, filtered (distinct) item data, item location history, location and tag naming, ODBC, RESTful API’s
- Enterprise Connector 10K – Up to 10,000 tagged assets, relational table structure, filtered (distinct) item data, item location history, location and tag naming, ODBC, RESTful API’s
Specifications: Enterprise Connector Basic
- Process data for up to 1,000 tagged assets
- Simultaneous processing from different sources or locations
- Primary input method is HTTP POST
- Runs on Windows OS in background as a utility application
- Connect to Database using ODBC connector. Perfect for Microsoft Access
- Outputs raw RFID/IoT data (no filtering, no aggregation, no processing)
- Supported Input Data: Device/Reader ID, MAC Address, Antenna Port, EPC ID, TagID, Signal Strength, Timestamp
- Connect RFID to cloud database in minutes
- Multiple devices feed same database for rich analytics
- Connect with ODBC
- Jump start your RFID/IoT application development
- Desktop RFID: eChain Connect (High-Power USB UHF RFID Desktop Reader)
- Enterprise RFID: Impinj Speedway Connect, (Impinj R420 RFID Reader)
- Bluetooth/BLE: ** New ** Please call for details
- Other: Please contact us and we will assist you with connecting your tech to eChain Enterprise Connector Infrastructure. Additional charges may apply.
Instructions to connect Microsoft Access to eChain Enterprise Connect Database
Step 1 – Download MySQL ODBC Connector.
You will need the MySQL ODBC Connector in order to connect to MySQL Database.
Link on eChain dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6liio9ldiegkftl/mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.15-winx64.msi?dl=0
Use MySQL ANSI Option (you may need to select 32-bit vs 64-bit version)
Step 2 – Whitelist your IP Address with eChain Technology
First, you will need to send us your PC IP Address – our server is locked down, and therefore we need to whitelist your IP address, otherwise you will not be able to connect.
In Google Chrome browser, search “What is my IP address”. Copy the “Public” IP address value and email to eChain Technology requesting whitelist for ODBC access
Step 3 – Receive Credentials from eChain
We will provide you with appropriate credentials to access our Cloud servers and your database.
Step 4 – In MS Access, Add External Data – ODBC Database
For MS Access connectivity, follow the instructions on this site. https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-odbc/en/connector-odbc-examples-tools-with-access-linked-tables.html
- Open New Microsoft Access Database. You may need to Open as Administrator
- Select External Data Tab
- Select Link to the data source by creating a linked table option
- Choose Machine Data Source tab from Select Data Source tab
- Select New (button)
- Select type of data source (User or System)
- Select Driver: MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver
- Select Finish
Step 5- Enter DB Access Credentials (provided by eChain)
Contact us if you have not received your access credentials
We provide the inputs you need to gain access to your eChain Connect database
Step 6 – Refresh Linked Tables (if required)
If the linked tables do not work (or time out), you may need to refresh the connection.
Right-click over the table name on the Access Tables list (left panel) and select “Linked Table Manager”
Check the boxes beside the tables and select OK o refresh the connections
You should now be able to see data in the linked MS Access table