The eChain HP-V High-Power USB UHF RFID Desktop Reader/Writer is a low cost, extremely versatile, professional RFID reader that connects with a single cable to your computer’s USB port.
In stock (can be backordered)
Most Versatile UHF RFID Solution Yet! Quick Start To IoT and RFID
The eChain HP-V High-Power USB UHF RFID Desktop Reader/Writer is a low cost, extremely versatile, professional RFID reader that connects with a single cable to your computer’s USB port. This reader operates within the 856 – 928 MHz (UHF) range, is high power (+26dBm, 0.4W) and has the ability to read RFID tags up to 24ft / 7m, with effective operating range of 6ft-12ft (2m – 4m). Using the provided software, you can begin reading RFID tags in minutes.
Unlike similar products on the market, the eChain Desktop Reader is pre-configured to comply with your regional EPC UHF Class1 Gen 2 frequency specifications, and is quickly shipped and supported from the US. We have significantly upgraded the reader firmware/application for usability and performance. Our custom apps enable the reader to transmit data to a cloud server/database, and even run from Raspberry Pi devices.
eChain RFID and Solution experts are available to assist you in using your RFID technology, writing or updating reader applications, connecting you to your own cloud, and assisting you in designing and testing new RFID uses and use case development.
Amazingly Flexible: Desktop – Cloud – Raspberry Pi
- Desktop – Plug into PC USB port to configure and access reader directly
- Cloud – Use with eChain Connect to transmit RFID Data to the cloud
- Raspberry Pi – Use with Raspberry Pi to do anything or everything else!
Plug & Play RFID for So Many Scenarios…
There are endless scenarios to easily add RFID capability to identify any/all tagged items inside 12×12 (144 Sq Ft) space . All you need is a PC USB port to connect. Purchase one to test and learn about RFID, and then use the same reader in a production/real-life use case.
- Test – Use in your office for testing tags, tag placement, workflow scenarios.
- Learn – Perfect the basics of UHF RFID easily with hands-on experimentation
- Inventory – Use in small stock room for inventory management
- Health Care – Use in hospital room to add RFID traceability of hospital assets, drugs, caregiver visits
- Retail – Easliy add a new RFID location/zone to checkout, stock room, changing room
- Manufacturing – Easily add RFID tracking to assembly station, Quality Check for tagged assemblies, employees and item locating and traceability
- Employee Tracking – Track employee movements and times in/out of facility, break room, on-station, etc.
- Others – The sky is the limit!
Now Pre-Configured for Regional Compliance
Our readers are pre-configured and shipped to comply with your local Radio Law and Government Frequency standards. This includes setting Frequency Range, Channel Hopping, and Max Power settings for your region. Please select the your local reader option when purchasing.
Language support also available for reader application and documentation. Please contact us if you would like to have the application or documentation in your local language.
Reader is EPC UHF Class1 Gen 2 (ISO18000-6C) and there are thousands of available RFID tags available over the counter to suit most purposes, with tag cost as low as $0.10 per tag (and getting cheaper)
Cloud Integration with eChain Connect
eChain Connect is a communication applet that installs onto your computer and interfaces with the USB RFID Desktop Reader/Writer. eChain Connect takes the tag data streaming from the reader and securely transmits it using RESTful API method to the internet where it is can easily be loaded into a hosted database and cloud application. eChain Connect directs output to any URL. Configurable read window and transmit time to filters out excess tag reads. Now, RFID tag reads from your desktop USB Reader become a real-time sensor feed to an enterprise asset management application tracking location and location history of your key assets up to the second.
Use to quickly and affordably add an RFID reader (and zone) to checkout, patient rooms check-in desk, etc.
- Desktop RFID Reader Unit
- USB Cable
- UHF Reader Desktop Application
- Software Development Kit (SDK)
- English documentation 😉
- One Year Warranty
- RS232 GPIO Data Connector (8-Pin Terminal Block, 3.81mm, provided on request)
PC Application makes reading & writing tags super easy
- Use the included desktop reader application to set the reader firmware.
- Set power level, RFID spectrum and GPIO Read/Write settings.
- Read multiple tags, check signal strength of tag reads and read counts.
- Set filters by tag or signal strength.
- Monitor serial port and operation history.
- Write data to the tags – change EPC Tag ID, user data, set password and lock or Kill the RFID tags.
- Single cable connection for power and data
- High transmit power (up to +26 dBm)
- Receiving Sensitivity (RSSI) <-70 dBm
- Quality design resulting in industry’s highest reliability
- Compact size – 120 x 85 x 20mm
- Multiple Region support
- Read > 50 tags/second
- High quality ceramic antenna
- General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) supports dual input/output
|Protocol||EPC UHF Class1 Gen 2 (ISO18000-6C)|
|Operating Frequency Options||FCC: 902-928MHz (US, Canada)|
ETSI: 865.6 – 867.6MHz (Europe)
Japan: 916.7-920.9 MHz
China: 920 – 925 MHz
Other: Between 865 – 928 MHz
Unlocked: Between 865 – 928 MHz
|Read Range||10cm to 3m|
|Output Power Range||10 – 26 dBm|
|Receiving Sensitivity||< -70 dBm|
|Physical Dimensions||120 x 85 x 20 mm|
|Output Power Precision||+/- 1 dB|
|Working Voltage||DC 3.5V to 5V|
|Operating Current||< 180 mA @ 3.5V (26 dBm Output)|
~ 110 mA @ 3.5V (18 dBm Output)
|RFID chip||PR9200 (PHYCHIPS Inc.)|
|Antenna||50 x 50mm double feed point ceramic antenna with uFL/u.FL/IPX/IPEX connector. + 2 dBiC (Circular Polarization)|
|Peak Speed Tag Inventory||>50 tags/second|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0, 3.0|
Wiegand 26, 34
GPIO: Two route enter two route output (3.3 V level)
|Communication Rate||115200 bps default (recommended)|
|Software Interface||INDY R2000-series communication interface compatibility, SDK|
|Certifications||– FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B|
– ANSI C63.4
– ISO 9001.2015
– GB/TI 9001-2016
– CE EMC 2004/95/EC
|Dimensions||6 × 5 × 2 in|
FCC (North America), ETSI (Europe), Japan, China, Other, Unlocked